The Best Top Load Washers for the Cleanest Clothes!
Everyone who lives in a house or apartment needs a good washer. In this article, we’re going to be taking a look top load washers and what you should be thinking about before making a purchase.
A top load washer allows you to do your laundry at home, instead of paying tons of money at the laundromat every couple of weeks.
We’re also going to be listing five products that are fantastic buys for the price. These washers we’re listing are all rated highly in the Amazon review section, giving you the best deal for the money you work so hard for.
Top Load Washers Buying Guide
1. Top Load VS. Front Load Washers
A top load washer is cheaper to own than a front load model. They also are able to wash clothes at a faster rate than front load washers. Usually, the bigger the washtub and agitator, the higher the price tag will be. Also, a top load washing machine allows you to load the washer without stooping over to do it, which is a real plus for people who hate to bend over frequently.
A front load washer generally does a better job of washing in extreme situations, but costs a lot more to own. This factor alone has driven many people to purchase a top load washer because they don’t need the extra washing power and speedy water extraction.
However, if you get your clothes dirtier than average, with set in stains that are very difficult to remove, then a front load machine may be an option. But for the rest of us that just need a good washer, a top load washing machine is the best option for the money.
2. Cubic Feet Of Tub Capacity
The washtub on the inside of the top load washing machine indicates how much laundry you’ll be able to do in one load. On average, a normal family can do very well with 3 to 3.5 cubic feet of room. For others that need a more compact unit, top load washing machines with around a foot of internal tub capacity are an option. It all depends on your living situation and what you really need.
If you have a family with more clothes that need to be done in less time, then the larger capacity washtub is in order. But for single people, compact models cost less and can get the job done for a good price with great quality if you choose the right unit.
3. Balanced/Unbalanced Tendency
Because you want your washer to last a long time, it’s best to purchase a top load washing machine that stays balanced. You can read about peoples experiences with the washer you’re considering in the Amazon review section, and you’ll be able to tell if the machine has a tendency to be balanced or unbalanced. An unbalanced washing machine won’t last as long as one that stays balanced because the wear and tear on the parts can cause damage when loads get jumpy.
Basically, when it comes down to cost, you have to weigh the quality of the machine against the cost. If it’s well built, it will save you more money and hassle than a cheaply built machine. A good quality top load washer won’t break down and cause you strife in returning it. That’s one plus.
The next is the cost to own a washing machine at home more than pays for itself in terms of the amount of use you get out of it. You could easily spend hundreds if not thousands over the course of a few years at a laundromat. So buying a quality top load washing machine just makes financial sense.
5. Name Brand
Because top load washers are relatively expensive to purchase, you want to make sure you buy from a reputable company. Some great washer manufacturers these days are Speed Queen, Haier, and Amana. Other options include GE and Whirlpool. Just make sure that the company you buy from stands behind their products and will honor any available warranty.
Speed Queen TR7000WN 26 Inch Top Load Washer Review
This is a washer that everyone wishes they had because it’s just built so well. With a simple rotary dial, there’s no computer to cause a malfunction. It even has an add water feature that allows you to add more water to the cycle and override the regular settings.
This machine gives you the option of using hot water! What an option for tough loads! The regular hot water cycle for heavy duty only takes 30 minutes! Speed Queen is well known for making quality products, and previous models of this washer have lasted nearly 20 years! They only made small improvements with this model, so you can expect yours to last nearly as long.
- 1/2 Horsepower Motor
- 8 Wash Cycles
- 2 Speeds
- 210 Degree Agitation Stroke
- Flex Vane Agitator
- Variable Water Level Settings
- Automatic Balancing System
- Bleach and Fabric Softener Dispenser
- Self Leveling Legs
- Galvanized Steel Cabinet
- Stainless Steel Washtub
- People are falling in love with this washer all over the country!
- Built incredibly well with no computer to cause malfunctions!.
- Lets you get back to basics with no useless technology to get in the way.
- Longest agitator stroke in the industry – 210 degrees.
- Well trained customer service department at Speed Queen can answer any questions and resolve issues.
- Doesn’t have a lid lock – You can soak a few clothes then add more to get the most out of a wash load.
- Proudly made in the USA.
- Sounds soothingly quiet when running.
- Worth the extra cost for the outstanding quality.
- High satisfaction rating at Amazon.
- Small indicator on rotary dial is hard to see.
- Doesn’t come with a washing machine surge protector.
Samsung WA456DRHDSU 4.5 Cu. Ft. Platinum Top Load Washer Review
If you’re in the marketplace to buy a new washer to replacing an old or existing one, the Samsung Platinum might be a good option for you. It features a stainless steel drum basket, Aqua Jet technology to thoroughly soak your clothing, 11 wash cycles, Energy Star rating, electronic controls, cycle presets, Vibration Reduction system, easy close lid, glass window so you can watch your clothes in action, and more.
One of the best parts about this washer is the fact that it holds so many more clothes than competing models. It’s way bigger than a 3.6 foot tub at a total of 4.5 cubic feet, and is perfect for families that have huge loads of laundry. It’s really a bit too big for single people and families that don’t need to take advantage of the large capacity. However, if large loads of laundry are your thing, then this washer will be perfect for you.
And for people who live in upstairs settings, the Vibration Reduction system will allow you to operate it without disturbing sleep or neighbors. The warranty coverage with this washer is equally impressive, and Samsung is a world class company that stands behind their products.
- 4.6 Cubic Foot Capacity
- Stainless Steel Drum Basket
- 11 Wash Cycles
- Energy Star Certified
- Aqua Jets To Fully Soak Clothing
- See Through Glass Check-Up Window
- Warranty – 1 Year Parts/Labor – 2 Years Control Board – 3 Years Wash Drum – 10 Years Motor
- This model features improved load balancing!
- People can fit twice the amount of clothes in this washer in comparison to the smaller competitors – Example: Fits 10 large beach towels at once with no problem!
- Very quiet operation – People can’t even hear it when it’s running in the next room
- Energy Star rating does a good job in helping you to conserve resources
- Warranty coverage is exceptionally robust with this unit
- Aqua Jets are a really cool feature to fully saturate all your clothing
- Vibration Reduction system helps the unit have a longer lifespan by not vibrating like crazy
- This washer is a good example of some good technological advancements in washing ability
- Also features different speed spin cycles
- Not really appropriate for couples or people that don’t need the larger tub
- Not enough reviews on this washer yet to know how good it is for the long haul
Maytag MVWX700XL 3.6 Cu. Ft. Silver Top Load Washer Review
Maytag has been in the industry of producing top quality washers and dryers for a long time now. They’ve been in business for over 100 years, and that’s a long time to perfect the art of home appliances. All Maytag products come with great warranties, and the company will fully reimburse you if something is wrong from their factory.
The Maytag MVWX700XL Top Load Washer – comes with a 3.6 cubic foot capacity wash tub to ensure you get to do a lot of laundry at once. It also comes with a total of 11 wash cycles, including Allergen Eliminator to get rid of 95% of the most common allergens like pet dander and dust mites, and MaxExtract that removes additional water so that your clothes dry faster.
The IntelliFill automatic water sensor adjusts water levels depending on the load to help conserve the most amount of resources. It’s Energy Star compliant, and the warranty on this unit is good for 10 years.
This is a highly intelligent washer that has just the right amount of high tech features but doesn’t go overboard. Maytag is a company you can put your trust in.
- 3.6 Cubic Foot Capacity
- Stainless Steel Wash Tub
- 11 Wash Cycles
- Allergen Eliminator Cycle
- MaxExtract Extended Spin Cycle
- IntelliFill Water Level Sensor
- IntelliClean Wash Impeller
- Energy Star Certified
- Rear Panel Controls
- 10 Year Warranty On Motor And Wash Tub
- Still going strong after nearly a year of ownership – This speaks highly of the quality of Maytag washers
- You won’t have to use as much detergent in this washer as with other ones – You’ll save a lot on detergent costs
- Beautiful grey color is nice to look upon every time you go to your laundry area
- Not having all the extra electronics is a good thing – Highly electronic washers never seem to last
- The price on this washer is pretty affordable – Under $1,000
- Stays in balance perfectly no matter how big of a load you put in it
- Saves a lot on water cost with the IntelliFill sensor system – Put more clothes in, more water – Less clothes, less water – You can also override the sensor for lots of water if you need it!
- Chimes a pleasing audible sound when it’s done with a cycle to let you know
- 10 year warranty is one of the best in the business
- Has some electronic controls which makes some customers nervous
- Warranty is only good for the wash tub and motor, not for the electronics parts
Haier HLP21N Pulsator 1-Cubic-Foot Portable Washer Review
This top load washer is a great option for single people. The 1 cubic foot stainless steel washtub will hold nearly 6 lbs of clothes! 3 different water levels, 3 different wash cycles, and features electronic controls with LED indicator lights. It comes with a end of cycle signal and cycle status lights to keep you updated.
Rolling caster wheels allow you to move it effortlessly between rooms for storage and use. The included installation kit is easy to set up and will be suitable for most owners. It’s called a quick connect sink adapter and you’ll be glad it comes with it.
This washer doesn’t have a middle agitator to get in the way, which means you can fit more clothes in it at once! The best part about this washer is the affordability. Single people rejoice! This is a high quality washer that’s actually worth the money! All in all, people have been very happy with this washer.
- 1 Cubic Foot Capacity Stainless Steel Washtub.
- Holds 6 lbs of clothes in a single load.
- 3 different water levels.
- 3 different wash cycles.
- Indicator lights and electronic controls.
- End of cycle signal.
- Quick connect sink adapter.
- 1 Year Warranty.
- Small enough to roll away into a closet for easy storage.
- Cheap enough to be affordable for college students.
- Suitable for upstairs apartments.
- Comes with a warranty.
- Very low noise – Suitable for apartment buildings.
- Can wash about 10 shirts at once.
- Removable lint filter makes maintenance easy.
- Choose the water level based on the size of the load for added cost savings.
- Fits in compact spaces.
- Some people have had to return and get a refund due to defects, but not many.
- Lint can cause clogs if you don’t clean the filter.
Amana NTW4600YQ 3.4 cu. ft. Top Load Washer Review
With a 3.4 cubic foot capacity and a maximum speed of 700 RPM, you get a washer that will thoroughly remove water in the spin cycle. It removes more water from clothes than competitor models to save on drying costs. An advanced suspension system ensures that loads stay balanced and the machine stays in top condition. It also reduces vibrations and noise from disrupting neighbors, allowing you to use this machine even in upstairs dwellings.
The spreckle porcelain wash basket makes it easy to see small clothes items like socks and underwear. And with 9 wash cycles, you have your choice for everything from towels to delicates.
Three water level choices let you conserve water when you don’t need as much, and allow you to use a lot for heavy loads. Even your most delicate items will be safe using the delicate cycle.
Finally, a cycle status bar tells you the current progress of the wash.
- 3.4 Cubic Feet Of Capacity
- 700 RPM Of Spin Speed – Drying Starts In The Washer
- Spreckle Porcelain Washtub
- 9 Wash Cycles
- 3 Water Levels
- Advanced Suspension System Reduces Noise And Vibration
- Automatic Balance Sensor Automatically Adjusts For Balancing
- Bleach Dispenser
- Limited 1 Year Warranty On Parts and Labor
- Option for an extended 3 year warranty and installation service through Amazon.
- Gets clothes very clean.
- High quality machine that’s worth the price.
- Thorough and quiet in the spin cycle.
- Spreckle porcelain washtub means no lingering odors.
- A basic top load washer that gets the job done right.
- Automatically checks the load balance to ensure proper operation.
- Temperature settings for cold/cold warm/cold and hot/cold operation.
- Informative manual that tells you what to expect.
- Amana brand is made by Whirlpool, one of the best companies for washers in America.
- No fabric softener dispenser.
- Auto locking lid mechanism.